I’ve got the urge to create.
It keeps nagging at me [an enjoyable nagging].
I love this feeling, where life feels beautiful even if it’s ugly. I know I’ve written about that before.
I don’t know what’s got me in this mood, maybe it’s the new year.
Anyway, I don’t have any time to make any of the things that I want to, because I’m moving and editing wedding after wedding. But I am definitely looking forward to not being buried by all of this and being able to create tangible items and beautiful experiences.
Here are a few things I am excited to do when I am a mom first, photographer second (or third, or fourth, or tenth…)
– story times, art times, singing times, outdoor times with Eva
– sewing lots of baby gifts
– learning to be a better chef and baker
– a concept photography series based on several favourite verses of mine
– family outings = family memories
– buying old furniture at garage sales and re-painting it in a beautiful vibrant colour!
– beautiful, coffee table albums of MY OWN family
– volunteering somewhere with Eva, or with both Pete and Eva
I can’t wait to get my new sewing machine! That’s what I decided to spend my birthday money on. I want to be good at home-made and hand-made things. I think they are the best!
I started a novel the other day. Just for fun. I have not read a novel in a long time. If I do find time to read a book it is usually some kind of theological or Christian living book. Nothing against those, I just kind of don’t want to think too much lately. I’ve been reading thinking books for about 5 years now and I just want a book to take me away somewhere. A little mini-vacation. Only you don’t have to pack and lug around all your junk, you can just sit curled up on the couch with a cozy blanket.