Daily blog to come soon. If you’re on facebook you’ve no doubt seen these around. I finally got around to doing one too and decided to share on the blog since I know there are some ancient people out there who don’t have facebook.
25 Random Things
Once you’ve been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it’s because I want to know more about you.
(To do this, go to “notes” under tabs on your profile page, paste these instructions in the body of the note, type your 25 random things, tag 25 people (in the right hand corner of the app) then click publish.
1. My Grandma taught me to tap the top of a can of pop (rhyme!) before you open it because it stops the fizzies. At least I think that is why. I’m still not really sure, but I find myself doing it to this day. And I’ve never had a can of pop explode on me. Bottles, however…
2. I am still afraid of the dark, especially when mirrors are involved. I don’t think I ever got over the whole “Bloody Mary” game that I played when I was a kid.
3. Spelling mistakes or improper grammar in a professional setting really annoys me. Make sure your resume, website, official e-mails, letters, signs, etc. are proof-read! My Grandma was a teacher and was always correcting my brother and I, the newspaper, novels, etc.
4. When I was young I really wanted to be an actress. I would write up my own articles (about myself) for magazines such as Tiger Beat. I used my middle name, Dawn, as my stage name, and I was the youngest child on Home Improvement (Mark got the boot, he was lame anyway).
5. I had a major crush on Jonathan Taylor Thomas. It was definitely juicy gossip that he and I were dating and met on the set of Home Improvement.
6. When I eat my meals I tend to plan out what food I will make my “last bite”. I want to have a good taste in my mouth once I am finished the meal.
7. As a child, if I couldn’t sleep, I would lay very still in my bed and pretend that I was in a coma. I would imagine all of my family members, friends, and the boy I had a crush on sitting around my hospital bed, worried. All that love would help me fall asleep.
8. I got my first job at Co-op Grocery store when I was 16. Since then I have worked many, many jobs: Eddies Restaurant, A&W, A&B Sound, Roca Jacks, StarTek (call center), Staples (Call Center), After School Care, The Gap (for two shifts), Perkins Restaurant (for about a week), Holiday Inn (cleaning rooms), Don’s Photo, Canadian Tire, Tim Horton’s, Bootlegger (for three weeks), Starbucks, Kids Klubs (after school care), West (call center), as an Early Childhood Educator (finally!), and now a photographer.
9. When I was 18, I prayed to God for a boyfriend. I got one. I married him and also got a relationship with God too.
10. I used to hate my freckles (but thought they were cute on OTHER people). I would wear a lot of foundation. There was a line from where the foundation was and my real skin. Now I love them, because I know that God sprinkled them just so, and besides that, they are flippin’ cute.
11. I can’t sing, but I do it anyway.
12. I can be easily persuaded, but I am learning to be stronger.
13. I want to be a Domestic Engineer. I want to know how to make amazing food from scratch, know what gets stains out, how to make things with my hands, how to love and care for others, how to follow Jesus… and pass it on to my children.
14. I plan to have a vow renewal ceremony every 10 years to celebrate that we made it that far and to recommit ourselves. Plus, I really want to get dressed up again. I’ve been to too many weddings in the past year where I am the frumpy, sweaty, dirty from rolling on the ground to get the best shot, photographer.
15. I am really good a hula hooping. I won several contests as a child at Mouse River Park on August long weekend. Then in high school, I went to the prom with my friend Pete (not my husband) and I hula hooped for over 13 minutes. Everyone was clapping and cheering me on. It was my glory moment. I eventually just stopped because I knew I could go on forever. I won a sweet lawn chair and put those other girls to shame.
16. I used to really love Garth Brooks. My cousin and I would fight over whose husband he was when we would play house. Finally we agreed that there could be a “Garth Brooks 1” and a “Garth Brooks 2”. But SHE got Garth Brooks 1, because he was the real one. I am still angry.
17. I have never broken a bone or been in the hospital (except for giving birth, which for some reason, in my mind, doesn’t count!).
18. Sometimes I get words in my head. They are just in there and I keep thinking about them. Eventually I have to say them out loud. Today it was “Paul Blart”.
19. I have been to British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec and the Northwest Terretories; North Dakota, Montana, Idaho, Utah, Nevada, California, and Hawaii; Mexico; England, France, Italy, Monaco, Finland, Estonia and Latvia. I hope to add to this list very soon.
20. I had a mullet.
21. I tend to clean when I am angry. It is very effective.
22. I always wanted braces. I thought of them as bracelets for the teeth. Yet I have been plagued with naturally straight teeth!
23. I don’t dye my hair, I gave that up several years ago. I have had hair of many different colours though, from very blonde to black.
24. I pretty much kill every plant that is in my care.
25. I don’t wear deoderant regularly. Sometimes this is okay. Other times…